Friday, February 1, 2013

1 February - A Trap for Young Players

Quick lesson: when you are trying to pack down the contents of your wheelie bin on garbage night, do step it down with your foot of necessary. But do NOT, I repeat, NOT stand completely in the bin when it is balanced on uneven ground, surrounded by pebbles and a stone retaining wall.

Even as I was lifting my second leg into the bin, before I felt it start to tip, something told me this was not a good idea. And when it did start to tip, that same something told me this isn't going to end well.

And now, 4 days later, it hasn't. The top photo is my left leg mmediately after the fall, and the bottom one was taken this morning...

As a very wise man used to say to me "that's a trap for young players". Just a shame I'm not so young anymore to use that excuse...

No comments:

Post a Comment